Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reading The Signs

A couple of weeks ago, Preview Paddy put up a preposterous post about the state taking over Milwaukee County's Income Maintenance program.

If you are not aware of the story, you obviously don't read Cog Dis and you should be ashamed of yourself (yes, that was a shameless plug). But in a nutshell, Scott Walker chose to repeatedly, year after year, short staff the call center for the Food Share program. His intent was to show it doesn't work, and that it should be privatized, even though his plan would provide even less service for the same amount of tax money.

When a class action lawsuit was filed against Milwaukee County and the state, the state simply chose to take over the program in an effort to get out of the lawsuit. This has gotten Scott Walker and his supporters all lathered up.

I already wrote (you know, at that other site) about how Mark Belling and Owen Robinson were flat out lying in an effort to try to cover up Walker's ineptitude. In the same post, I mentioned PaddyMac's column.

Enough history. The reason I'm bringing it up is that I found that Paddy and his "source" were also telling their own brand of falsehoods.

Last week, I learned that there was a banner hanging on the side of the Coggs Building, the same building that Paddy mentions in his post. I never knew it before this, even though I work in the building, because I approach it from the west, and the banner is hanging on the east side of the building. I was told that the banner has been up for about a month.

If you ask me, the number is pretty clear. But that is not all. As I circled the building, I found another one on the south side of the building. Take a look and see if you notice something. (You might have to click on the picture to make it bigger.)


On the right hand side, you can see that the Hunger Task Force is on there, which would indicate that they had to have had a hand in getting the banners up there. It is beyond me why they would then claim that the state is making no efforts to notify people.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see, it took you about a month to recognize the sign. And when a person is walking or driving down the street, where are they looking? I am pretty sure they are not looking up in the air and at that particular part of the building. Sounds like pretty bad advertising.

    ReplyDelete