Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You go, girl!

Lest there be any remaining question about whether Jessica McBride can claim the mantle of "journalist," this piece of cheerleading should settle it once and for all:
Go Rudy

I know there are questions over Rudy's approach toward illegal immigration in the past. But this story below is exactly why I like Rudy. I started out instinctually supporting Rudy. I then briefly gravitated toward Fred Thompson. But he hasn't gotten in, and that speaks to a certain indecision. I confess to liking Duncan Hunter. I remain undecided, but gravitating back toward Rudy:

AIKEN, S.C. (AP) -- Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani vowed Tuesday to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into the United States by closely tracking visitors to the country and beefing up border security.
Go Rudy???

Just a few months ago, her live blogging of a GOP presidential debate included this insight:
McCain trashes Harry Reid. GO MCCAIN
Illusory Tenant described it thusly at the time:
The rest of her "liveblogging" reads like entries in a 14-year-old girl's diary, and is just about as embarrassing to read: "McCain trashes Harry Reid. GO MCCAIN."
And she complains when some black journalists and students applaud two Democratic presidential candidates who came to speak to them in person?

Go Jessica!

4 comments:

  1. And here I thought that McBride liked Rudy because of their similar attitudes to the sanctity of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that this is what passes for journalism in some circles, and it's scary that she's actually teaching possible future journalists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now she has an update saying "Go Newt". That is wrong on so many levels...

    But I have to point out that Newt also shares the same views on the sanctity of marriage, as McBride and Rudy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are all missing the pure poetry of this passage.

    I then briefly gravitated toward Fred Thompson. But he hasn't gotten in, and that speaks to a certain indecision. I confess to liking Duncan Hunter. I remain undecided, but gravitating back toward Rudy:

    She shares her indecision about Fred because he's not decided to decide but then she decided to go for him until she changed her mind against Fred but now can't make up her mind.

    Whallah! Insight!

    ReplyDelete