Thursday, February 21, 2008

Please Get Help

Patrick Dorwin of Badger Blogger infamy had this to say the other day regarding Michelle Obama:

I’m glad that Michelle Obama is proud of her country “for the first time in [her] adult lifetime.” So I guess she pretty much thought that America sucked until now, huh? Well, I’m proud of America each and every day of my life. I am proud of the selflessness of our troops, as they fight for freedom of people around the world, I am proud of the technical advancements that our freedom has created. I am proud at our generosity around the world, the billions of dollars we spend every time there is a disaster somewhere. My hears [sic] swells when I see a flag blowing freely in the breeze or hear the National Anthem and other songs that make us proud. Seeing the Berlin Wall coming down, the defeat of Communism in Europe, seeing people risk death to come to freedom… How can you not be proud?

What Michelle Obama said, made me sick. I joked about being sickened by voting for Hillary Clinton, but this is no joke, saying that we don’t have anything to be proud of as Americans makes me physically ill.


Aside from the fact that Patrick's faux outrage is really quite funny to read, I just want to point out that he should probably step back a bit. Swelling of the heart, which is one of the symptoms of cardiomyophathy, is a dangerous condition, usually a result of genetic abnormaility (which would explain many things), and can result in heart failure. If you are becoming physically ill because of heart swelling, Patrick, you should really see a doctor.

And, preemptive comments like this one by Patrick, found later in that same thread are not cures for this ailment. Rather, they are indicative of deeper anxieties that should best be explored privately with a licensed psychologist.

I don’t care enough to check, but if they haven’t started already, Liberals will soon start talking about “those flag draped Conservatives” and making fun of those that are moved by patriotism as if it were something to be ashamed of.

It's because we care, Patrick.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm here to tell ya that the symptoms of simple indigestion often lead to mistaken diagnoses of cardiac arrest.

    The tummy upset comes from swallowing Hume and Hannity whole. I generally prescribe limiting the patient to bite-size pieces of Fox News Channel, with intervening periods of actual reality.

    The Doctor is In,
    iT

    ReplyDelete