Thursday, July 3, 2008

A New Place To Hang My Crown

Life events happen to everyone, even kings.

I had some recent live events happen to me, both in my personal and my professional life, which gave me cause to pause and reflect on where I am, what I am doing, where I wanted to be, and the best way to get from here to there.

That is when I realized I needed to change some things in my life, including the way I blog.

About a year ago, Jay Bullock was kind enough to take this blogosphere newbie and invite him to join his site, folkbum's rambles and rants. For this, I will be forever grateful to Jay, along with sage advice he gave me as I started.

About a month later, the infamous Template gave me a key to this place. I took over the joint last fall when Template moved on to other things.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Now, due to those darn life events, I find I have less time available for blogging. Not only that, I also realized, I've had other things to say, other than continuously trying to correct the multitudes of falsehoods, foibles and hypocrisies of the local right wing squawk brigade.*

I still had Jay's site that I could do that sort of writing, but I found that this was becoming too time consuming. I was becoming unable to write all the things I wanted to. I would either have to give up sleep, give up doing my responsibilities around the house (which I knew I wouldn't have been allowed to do), or change my blogging pattern.

Since I am a fan of sleep, and of keeping my hide attached to my body, I chose to change the blogging pattern. Therefore, I, with a lot of help from my good friend, Illy-T, set up a new home, or castle, if you will. Its name is Cognitive Dissidence, and I hope you'll come to visit me there.

Oh, I'll still post here when the matter is germane to this sites specialty, and I'll still post at Jay's place, when I want more than myself to read my work, but otherwise, Cog Dis will be my primary focus, blogwise.

But I would want to thank all my friends and allies (some of them coming from surprising corners of the Cheddarsphere) for the support, understanding, and help that they have given me over the past year. I would also be remiss if I did not thank you, gentle readers, for making these past few months so much fun.

*Ironically, my two of my first three posts have to deal with Sykes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment