Monday, June 23, 2008

McIlheran's Quick Hit Shot Down

This is an email I received, duplicated exactly:

Dear Columnist McIlheran --

Regarding your comments about Ms. Donna Shalala in your "Quick Hit."Perhaps a "discernible reason" that President Bush proposes to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Donna Shalala was due to her service as the co-chairman (with Bob Dole) of the President's Commission on Care for America's Wounded Warriors. There is no disgrace in that sort of bipartisan public service. Bob Dole already has his Presidential Medal of Freedom -- it was awarded to him by President Clinton. Your "quick hit" more closely resembles a drive-by shooting.

Michael Horne
Editor / Publisher
www.milwaukeeworld.com

http://www.pccww.gov/Commissioners.html

I don't know if the comment link to your Three View blog post is operating . I sent in a comment that did not appear. Perhaps I unknowingly violated the guidelines for comment. I will study them anew. Or perhaps my comment did not appear for some other reason. Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment