Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Poll

As I am trying to do some research, I foolishly have the radio on. James T. Harris is trying to do a fear and smear routine against Senator Barack Obama.

He is calling for people to sound off on whether he should continue to refer to the Senator at "the Chocolate Jesus." (It always struck me as highly hypocritical that a man that professes to be such a good Christian and puts all the blame on "not having God in your life," would not take the Bible seriously.)

Of course, his audience is not the most representative sampling of the people that one could hope for. So here is your opportunity to go ahead and let James know if you feel it's OK to do this or not. Just keep the comments appropriate folks, that's all I ask.

5 comments:

  1. EXODUS 20:7 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD
    will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

    That's my take on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That he should even think that he should ask ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is a chocolate Jesus like those chocolate Crosses that everyone eats at Easter? Because, although I don't consider myself a Christian it sort of weirds me out to chomp off a piece of a cross. Of course the butter lambs sold were much worse on me when I was younger because I could have sworn that Jesus was the Lamb of God and I never really got the whole spreading a piece of Jesus on the dinner roll thing without thinking I would burn in hell.

    I would have given a serious answer--but I read we weren't allowed to be nasty. And, seriously, only really nasty things came to my mind when I read about this Harris thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I know you can express yourself without cussing, or using racially tainted words. So, please, express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did anybody else eat the ears first off the Chocolate Jesus at Easter?

    ReplyDelete