Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What's In A Name?

We have seen that McBride is obsessed with what to name a pagan symbol that is now tied into Christmas. But when an editorial director writes:

Gov. Jim Doyle got it right. Call the tree standing in the state Capitol whatever you want. Christmas tree, holiday tree -- you can call it Marlin for all we care.

McBride has to jump into action and post a one line post on it. Oooh, I bet that guy is scared now! Too bad for both of them that McBride misses the point of the editorial, which is that there are too many more important things to worry about than what to call a tree.

But, even if one were to give the benefit of the doubt to McBride that her post was typed with tongue in cheek, the one person who comments on it obviously took her seriously (well, I suppose someone has to):

Someone from the EPA needs to investigate the water works in Madison. I know that I always pack my own bottled water when I have to go to Madison.

Why?

There must be something in the Madison water that turns normal people into either raving lunatics or blithering idiots.

To be honest, I don't know which one I find sillier.

No comments:

Post a Comment