Monday, February 18, 2008

Where's The Line?

Kevin Fischer, who ranks as perhaps my favorite conservative blogger*, made a big announcement last night:
I’m back on Newstalk 1130 WISN!

I will be filling in for Mark Belling for several days while he’s away on his annual listener cruise.

I will be filling in for Mark this Friday, February 22nd.

I’ll also be filling in on Monday, February 25th, Thursday, February 28th, and Friday, February 29th.

WISN Program Director Jerry Bott will be filling in the other days.

Also, my role on WISN will be expanding in the future.

Stay tuned for more details.

Now ordinarily I wouldn't think this to be a big deal, but given Fischer's position as a legislative aide to State Senator Mary Lazich, I can't help but wonder if a line's being crossed - or at the very least blurred - when it comes to the divide between politics and journalism. Perhaps I'm crazy, but it seems to me to be a serious conflict of interest for a paid staffer for a Wisconsin State Senator to be serving a second master as a paid shill for the local right wing squawk brigade.

*It's just too bad my sarcasm can't be adequately conveyed through a computer screen.

2 comments:

  1. try this: {favorite}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bigger question is why anyone would want to be trapped on a cruise ship with Mark Belling.

    ReplyDelete